Forum

Need some help? Ask our community for its assistance!

You are not logged in.

#1 22-08-2019 05:14:33

metapsyguy
Membre

Pointing New Domain to My Account

I  just purchased a Google domain (davesfamiliarfaces.com), and I'm trying to point it to my site at metapsyguy.alwaysdata.net. Google Domains offers a basic forwarding option, but that changes the name of the new domain to metapsyguy.alwaysdata.net when you hit enter. I'd like people to be able to enter my new domain name and automatically get connected to metapsyguy.alwaysdata.net without the name changing in their browser.  I changed the DNS servers in my Google domain management to dn1.alwaysdata.com and dn2.alwaysdata.com, but now when you connect to my new domain name, it just says "404 Not Found -- The requested URL / was not found on this server." I went into Domains in my Alwaysdata management, clicked 'Add Domain', entered my new domain name (davesfamiliarfaces.com). I then went to Web > Sites and added davesfamiliarfaces.com. Under 'Addresses' I entered davesfamiliarfaces.com and accepted the defaults for the rest of the fields. Someone told me to create a CNAME record, so I went into Domains and edited davesfamiliarfaces.com. I clicked on DNS record and 'add a record'. I added a CNAME record with hostname as 185.31.40.16 and the value as 1H. When I try to go to my website at davesfamiliarfaces.com, I still get an error message that it's not being found. Does anyone know where I'm going wrong in my configurations to make this happen? Thank you.

Last edited by metapsyguy (22-08-2019 05:38:22)

#2 22-08-2019 10:59:30

@Héloïse
Staff

Re: Pointing New Domain to My Account

Hello,

Your site was pointed on /www/ instead of /. /www/ doesn't exist. I just change this value for you an your website is now accessible at the address you want.

#3 22-08-2019 21:02:46

metapsyguy
Membre

Re: Pointing New Domain to My Account

Thanks much! Dave

Board footer